Last night Brandon had soccer practice in Hiawatha. I noticed that "Hiawatha Hog Wild Days" (yes, only in Iowa) were going on just across the street in the park. When practive was done, I gave Brandon the option: Go to Dairy Queen for a chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard (his very favorite), or go to a "carnival". He asked "What is a carnival Mom?" I told him, "Well, there is food and games and...." That took care it - he was sold on games.
So we went over and he got to ride on a bunch of rides: Motorcycle, car, airplane, train, feris wheel, carosel (where is spelling checker on this thing) and a jungle gym. He had a blast. Then we decided to get a "snack" before heading out and he picked a funnel cake over ice cream. He LOVED it, but we only got about 1/8 through it and got full. We took it back home to Dennis who ate the rest.
A fun date night with Brandon! (he asked what a date was.....he said "is it when you come and go?)


Post a Comment
Leave a comment - let me know what you think!